Community Bible Church
Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
- The Scriptures, both Old and New Testament, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life. II Timothy 3:16,1
- In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternal, existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:18,19
- That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate. Matthew 1:21,23; I Peter 2:24; I Corinthians 15; Hebrews 4:14,16
- That the ministry of the Holy Sprit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service. John 7:39; 14:17; 16:7-16.
- That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin, is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained. Genesis 1:26,27; John 3:1-7.
- That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for justification for all who believe, and only such as receive (believe) Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God. John 14:6; Acts 4:12; I Peter 1:18,19.
- That water baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are however, not to be regarded as means of Grace or Salvation. Matthew 28:19; I Corinthians 11:23ff.
- That the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is Head. Matthew 16:16-18; Acts 2:41-47; I Corinthians 12:13, 1:18.
- That only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership of the local church. II Corinthians 6:14.
- That Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church and that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs. Collossians 1:18; Revelation 2 and 3.
- In the personal, pre-millennial, and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the life and service of the believer. I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:12,13; Acts 1:6, 15:16.
- In the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to the everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgement and everlasting conscious punishment. John 5:29; Matthew 25:41,46.