CBC is the shoe box drop off location for Ottawa County!
See Shoebox Inventory File Below
What is Operation Christmas Child?
Operation Christmas Child, a project of Samaritan’s Purse, is the world’s largest Christmas outreach of its kind. Since 1993, Operation Christmas Child has delivered gift-filled shoeboxes to over 124 million children affected by war, poverty, natural disasters, and other crises in more than 150 countries and territories. We partner with local churches to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with those who receive shoebox gifts and offer a 12-lesson discipleship program, The Greatest Journey, that helps boys and girls learn what it means to follow the Lord and share their faith with others.
What do they do with all those boxes?
• Since 1993, Samaritan’s Purse has collected and delivered more than 124 million gift-filled shoeboxes to children in more than 150 countries and territories through Operation Christmas Child.
• Shoebox gifts are collected in the U.S., Australia, Finland, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Canada, Spain, the U.K. and Minneapolis Kansas!
• More than 500,000 volunteers worldwide, with more than 100,000 of those in the United States, are involved in collecting, shipping, and distributing shoebox gifts.
• Individuals, families, churches and groups fill empty shoeboxes with items—like a doll or soccer ball—and other fun toys, school supplies, hygiene items and notes of encouragement.
• During National Collection Week Samaritan’s Purse collects the gift-filled shoeboxes and delivers the gifts to children in more than 100 countries!