We are just beginning the study of this book in the bible.
Jude is a severe warning of
-who we are
-who we aught to be
-who we should believe
Jude was a servant of Jesus. He was the brother of James (not Judas of Oscariot). Jude, Judas, Judiah were very popular Roman names in the time of the Roman empire.
Jude was the half brother of Jesus. He initially did not believe Jesus was the son of God whose's mission was to come to earth to save everyone from sin. He became a believer and a leader in the early Christian church. Acts 1:13, Mathew 13:44
Jude served with Peter and Paul. He was very concerned about false prophets and apostosee in the church. Check out these bible links to explore more of what Jude wrote about:
2 Thessalonians 2:3
1 Timothy 4:1
2 Timothy 4:3,4
1. Apostles - were in training to continue the ministry of the church. They were the foundation of the church. "Founding Father's" Learned to TAKE, EAT, DRINK by following Jesus example at the last supper.
2. Bread - represents the church body, the physical body of Christ in the church. Does not become the true physical body, but reminds the taker of the sacrifice of Christ on the cross with a human body.
3. Cup - this is the fruit of the vine, Ephesians 5, sacrifice of service to others.
4. Church - for the group, for the community of believers.
5. Remembrance - until the kingdom of God returns. TAKE as believers, just like the apostles, EAT as directed by Jesus, DRINK participate and be involved.
6. Spirit - word of God, demonstrate obedience, act on the knowledge, go out and evangelize.
Luke 9:23, discipleship
"What kind of Christian are you?" "How do you live your life?"
Choice to Accept
All are invited. Great invitation, Mathew 11:28-30
"Do you follow the world or follow Jesus?"
Choice to Live
"Are you all in?" "Is Jesus first in your life?"
1. Your bills
2. Provide for your house
3. Provide for others
4. Provide for the Lord's work
God owns everything.
Men are responsible to God. He is a faithful master.
God knows everything.
Men are accountable to God. Everyone will be judged by the master.
God wants everyone.
Men are stewards of God's gospel. Everyone is held accountable for their willingness to share the gospel and the grace God has given them.
1. Love the Lord Your God
2. Love Your Spouse
3. Love Your Children
4. Love One Another
5. Love Your Neighbor
6. Lover Your Enemies
Honesty = Holy Spirit works in our lives. The ways of world feel foreign and uncomfortable.
Temple = Holy Spirit is part of God inside of you. Of God, for you, guide you.
New = Holy Spirit comes inside of you to make you new. The old flesh, old man, lust, cravings, worldly endeavors are old. You make a break with the world.
Righteous = Holy Spirit fills you with a newness. Living, true holiness, new fit, honesty, true purpose,
Seek truth, resist anger, practice meekness, deny theft, practice labor and work, avoid foul language, be gracious, edify others.
End fornication, uncleanliness, sins, anger, wrath, covetousness, idolatry, disobedience, in-ordination, lying, blasphemy, malice filthy language.
Begin mercy, kindness, humbleness, meekness, long suffering, forgiving, charity, peace, thankfulness, wisdom, grace, praise.
1. Surrender yourself to God, God's ways
2. Not live like the world
3. Study the word of God
4. Avoid sin, situations
5. Witness for Christ
Jesus was in the synagogue every day.
*We need to be in church.
-learn to recharge
-learn the word of God (apply it to our lives)
-learn the gospel of God (salvation)
Jesus went to people's houses.
*We need to be at home.
-emulate God in our homes
-Jesus changes homes
-teach love, leadership, laughter, discussion, applying God's word to lives, relationship, responsibility in the home
Jesus preached to the community.
*We need to take Jesus to the community.
-recognize needs outside the church, loneliness, illness, poor, needy, unsaved, sinners.
Jesus prayed in solitude.
*We need to spend alone time with God in prayer.
-Prayer life is important
-Seek the Holy Spirit
-Solitude to listen
Jesus went to the desert places.
*We need down time.
-Away from service
1. Loving, John 4:8
3. Kind, Kindness, Ephesians 4:32
4. Pure, Purity
5. Patience, Patient, Galatians 5:22,23
6. Sacrifice, Sacrificial, John 3:16
7. Selfless, Selflessness, Philippians 2:4
8. Committed, Commitment, Mathew 5:37
9. Respect, Respectful, 1 Peter 2:17